10 Deadly Sins of Negative Thinking
3. Seeing others becoming successful makes me jealous and resentful.
5. I'm going to beat so-and-so no matter what I'm better than him.
And there's no way I'll help him succeed he might beat me. Problem: Competitiveness assumes that there is a small amount of gold to be had, and I need to get it before he does. It makes us into greedy, back-stabbing, hurtful people. We try to claw our way over people to get to success, because of our competitive feelings. For example, if a blogger wants to have more subscribers than another blogger, he may never link to or mention that other blogger. However, who is to say that my subscribers can't also be yours? People can read and subscribe to more than one blog.
6. Dammit! Why do these bad things always happen to me?
7. You can't do anything right! Why can't you be like ____ ?
8. Your work sucks. It's super lame. You are a moron and I hope you never reproduce.
9. Insulting People Back
10. I don't think I can do this I don't have enough discipline. Maybe some other time.